Monday 7 November 2016

Post 446 - Fundraising for Wonderful Wildlife Trust

Hey everyone,

Just a quick post today to let you all know about a little project that has been keeping me and Dad busy lately.

The front cover 
If you read my blog regularly you'll know that I've been trying to get to as many Yorkshire Wildlife Trust reserves as I can this year. I had hoped to get to them all but there are a lot and Yorkshire is very big! This year I've found out just how big and how long it takes Dad to drive us around. I won't manage them all this year but I do hope to get to a few more yet. I've really enjoyed it and I've found some wonderful places!

In the summer I had hoped to be going along to a fundraising walk for the Yorkshire Wildlife Trust. I wanted to help as I've loved seeing all the places they care for. Sadly I was too young this year. So instead as I started to think about putting a calendar together again, and wondered if it would be a good idea to share the proceeds with the YWT. Dad got in touch and they thought that was a pretty good idea too. They've been very helpful and are selling them through their webshop at the link below and at their flagship reserve at Potteric Carr if you can get there.


If you like my blogs and photos then I think you'll like it. I saved a few good photos and had to scan through loads of others to find some great ones to go in it. I'm very grateful to YWT for the help in selling it and for the lovely write up they've given me - (thanks Jono & Rich :-)

Me on my stand at the Big Bang Fair
I'm sharing any profits with YWT and I plan to use mine for one of two things. If we sell enough I hope to buy a better lens for my new camera so that I can take even better pictures. My new camera is a digital SLR, a Canon EOS 700D, which is great but needs new lenses for me to get better shots. Either that or I'll use it to help cover the costs of going to the Big Bang Fair final (a big science
festival) in March next year.

You might remember that I went to the local heats of the Big Bang Fair, this year and I won a couple of awards for my blog as well as a place in the national finals. Well the awards came with the prize of some shopping vouchers and that was how I got my new camera. Well for the finals they are asking contestants to raise money to cover the cost of attending. Most projects are team efforts so it must get expensive for the schools as it needs you to stay over for two nights, so it might be good to use the proceeds for that.

Before I can do either though the calendars need to be sold. Thanks to Mary Arnold that's starting to happen, thanks Mary for being buyer number 1!


Hopefully there's a few more readers of my blog that would like one too.

Thanks very much to everyone that does :-)

Hope you enjoy,

Z.

2 comments:

  1. This is so cool Zach and if I could I would definitely order one but I'm strapped for cash atm, however, I love this and hope you raise lots of money as I love your photos! - Tasha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Zach, great as always! I was wondering if you have an opinion on the visitor's centre that is being planned at Spurn Point?

    ReplyDelete