Monday 6 April 2015

Day 154 - What I've seen so far in Super Spring

Hi all today's Day 154 and, according to the calendar it's been precisely 17 days since the first Day of Spring. It doesn't seem very long but you can see a whole lot in just 2 and a half weeks. I have been all over the place and seen quite a lot of things (birds and others) that I just loved to watch. I noticed on Twitter that BBC Wildlife (@wildlifemag) were asking what we had seen this Spring and that gave me the idea to think back and consider all the things I have seen. It's quite a lot so I've just recorded some highlights in sections below to hopefully make it easier to read. I think I will do another one of these about halfway through Spring as well so I can see how much I have seen in that short small space of time.

So, without further ado, let's get on with the edited highlights:

March Tit yesterday at Rievaulx Terrace

Chiffchaff today at Nosterfield
Garden & Woodland Birds
  • House & Tree Sparrows
  • Blue Tits
  • Great Tits
  • Dunnock
  • Long-Tailed Tits
  • Coal Tits
  • Marsh Tits
  • Willow Tits
  • Bullfinches
  • Greenfinches
  • Goldfinches
  • Chaffinches
  • Chiff Chaffs
Sandmartin today at Fairburn Ings
  • Stonechat
  • Sandmartins

Sea Birds:
Dunnock today at Fairburn Ings
  • Gannets
  • Razorbills
  • Guillemots
  • Puffins
  • Kittiwakes
  • Common Gulls
  • Black-Headed Gulls

Waterfowl
  • Eider Ducks
  • Shelducks
  • Canada Geese
  • Greylag Geese
Great Crested Grebe today at Nosterfield
  • Pink-Footed Geese
  • Goldeneyes
  • Great Crested Grebes
  • Tufted Ducks
  • Pintails
  • Tundra Bean Goose
  • Mallards
  • Shovelers
Little Egret today at Fairburn Ings
  • Redshanks
  • Herons
  • Avocets
  • Little Egret
  • Lapwings
  • Mute Swan
  • Black Swan 

Mammals
Toads today at Fairburn Ings
  • Squirrels
  • Mouse
  • Asian Short-Clawed Otters
  • Rabbits
  • Lambs

Amphibians
A Comma resting on a window ledge at home yesterday
  • Frogs
  • Toads

Insects
  • Brimstone
  • Peacock
  • Comma
  • Ladybirds



I also stopped to get a little video of some new born lambs on the way home today which you can see below, not had time to edit so sorry it`s a bit rough and ready:




Hope you enjoyed,

Z.

1 comment:

  1. Lots of amazing spring finds here Zach! I love the lambs video too. - Tasha

    ReplyDelete