Thursday 22 January 2015

Day 82 - bird club update

Hi all,
Well it's Day 82 and I thought I'd let you know how I got on today with the Big Schools Birdwatch I did today with the school bird club. If you have read earlier posts you know I managed to get this club set up at school and we meet every week to see what visits the school's little garden.

It`s really good fun and has even inspired some of the members to get their own bird feeders and put them up at home which is great! The teachers (the head and the deputy!) that attend say it`s a lovely club and they say it`s a really relaxing way to spend a lunch break and eat your packed lunch! It`s my last year at primary school so I hope it will be continue - I`m hoping to pop back from time to time and see how it is going! (and maybe drop off some bird feed too!)

I also got the school to get involved in the big garden birdwatch and today was the day we chose to count up everything and record it for the RSPB.
 What we saw today was:

  • 6 Great Tits
  • 2 Blue Tits
  • 1 Wren
  • 2 Blackbirds
  • 1 House Sparrow
  • 2 Collared Doves
  • 1 Woodpigeon

Now that's not a huge amount but our new feeders had only been up for a few hours so I didn't think that was too bad and we also only had 40 minutes today. It will be interesting to see what we get in a few months time. Other birds that we`ve seen other weeks include a mistle thrush, black headed gulls, magpies, crows and even a sneaky little squirrel sometimes pops in to pinch a peanut or two!  Everyone`s welcome :o) lol.

Oh, I also want to share a bit of news with you all, my blog yesterday went past 10,000 views. Thank you all very much for reading my posts, I hope you enjoy reading them as much as I enjoy writing them.

Z,

No comments:

Post a Comment